The Center for Policy Entrepreneurship (CPE) is a one-of-a-kind initiative focused on the politics of the policy making process. With an aim to train the next generation of policy entrepreneurs, CPE immerses students in the realities of the politics of the policy making process through an innovative curriculum, a guest speaker series, a visiting fellows program and the funding of full-time summer internships in policy-making environments. The CPE Student Advisory Board provides programmatic input and management. For the 2014-2015, they:
· Spearheaded several off-the-record lunches, including one with Congressman Patrick Murphy who led the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell;
· Hosted mini-courses on strategic issue campaigns and the role of digital technology in politics;
· Launched the Community Action Bureau, which provides policy students with opportunities to advocate for legislation impacting community based organizations on the South Side of Chicago;
· Initiated the Networking Fund to subsidize professional and educational events for Harris students;
· Offered 10+ funded internships.
2013-2014 Student Advisory Board with
Former Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell