Harris Diploma & Hooding Ceremony
TICKETS / WRISTBANDS
Harris graduates can request tickets for guests to attend the ceremony.
- Tickets are distributed in the form of wristbands. Some wristbands are for the main space in Mandel Hall and some for the overflow space in Hutch Commons. Either type of ticket will get you into the reception.
- We anticipate being able to provide each graduate with 4 tickets, but we are often able to provide more tickets to students who want to invite more guests.
- Wristbands are required to attend the Harris ceremony in Mandel Hall, which immediately follows the University-wide Convocation.
- Tickets/wristbands should be requested via the ticket request form (to be posted in spring quarter 2017). Please do not request more tickets than you will need.
- Children 2 and under, who can sit on an adult's lap, do not need a wristband.
GUESTS WITH SPECIAL ACCOMODATIONS
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. There are two floors in Mandel Hall and no elevator to the second floor. If any of your guests need special accommodations please indicate on the Spring 2016 ticket request form. if you have already submitted your ticket request form, and need to make changes, please email email@example.com.
HARRIS CEREMONY SCHEDULE
All times for the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony, except for the 3:00 end time for the reception, are approximate. The start time of all events depends on the length of the morning convocation ceremony.
~10:45 a.m. University-wide Convocation ends
- Harris graduates will be marched as a group directly from their seats to the Harris ceremony line-up area in the Reynolds Club
- Guests should proceed directly to Mandel Hall. Mandel Hall is handicap accessible by the west entrance.
10:55 a.m. Graduate line up in the McCormick Tribune Lounge in Reynolds Club (first floor)
- The McCormick Tribune Lounge (line-up area) is for graduates and faculty/staff only.
- There is assigned seating for graduates at the Diploma and Hooding Ceremony, so you will need to be lined up in a certain order. Please be patient during this process.
- For those not participating in the convocation ceremony, please arrive in the line-up area by 10:50 a.m., no later. Please arrive in academic attire.
- Please leave all your personal items with family or friends because nothign can be left in the room. Another school will be using the room immediately after us so we cannot be responsible for any personal items left behind.
11:00 a.m. Mandel Hall doors open for guest seating
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. PLEASE NOTE: Saving of seats for more than 1 or 2 guests will not be permitted. Guests saving more than 1 or 2 seats will be asked to remove items being used to save seats.
11:25 a.m. Procession to Mandel Hall begins
11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Harris Diploma and Hooding Ceremony begins in Mandel Hall
12:50 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. Group Graduation Photo (Hutch Courtyard)
Graduates will be marched immediately after the ceremony to the group photo location. If you do not go immediately, you will miss being part of the photo.
12:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Reception, Hutch Courtyard
Rain location: Hutch Commons (food will be served in Hutch Courtyard)
Grad Images will be providing professional photography as graduates cross the stage and photograph you as you receive your diploma. Proofs will be mailed to the address you provide and via email within three to five days after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone or by mail. You are under no obligation to purchase. You can place an order by calling 800.424.3686 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit their website for more information www.gradimages.com/UniversityofChicago.
The University will record the 527th Convocation as well as school and divisional ceremonies. The recordings will be made available to graduates and their guests, approximately 3-4 weeks following the ceremony. Please check the University Convocation webpage 3-4 weeks after the ceremony for more details.