Will I be eligible for CPT and OPT if I begin my program from abroad?

Per the Office of International Affairs, students who begin their MPP, MSCAPP, or MACRM program from abroad will remain eligible for CPT as long as they complete the 1st year of their program and enter the US in F-1 status before their requested CPT start date.  More information on CPT can be found here.

In regards to OPT, OIA has been tracking this issue and requesting clarification from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  If further guidance is issued by the government, we will alert you immediately.