OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Harris offers a number of certificates to allow its students to specialize in a particular area of inquiry. Each certificate has a faculty director, and most are managed through a research center. Requirements for each certificate are set at the beginning of each academic year. Current academic requirements for available certificates are linked below. Some additional information about certificates:
• Certificates are posted to your transcript when you graduate (so you’d get an MPP with a Certificate in Municipal Finance, for example)
• Courses taken toward certificates also count toward your degree requirements
• Students get preference for registration for courses included in certificates they are pursuing
• Students can pursue multiple certificates
• Some certificates have an application process, some are open enrollment. To sign up for one of the certificates that does not have an application process please just let your academic advisor know and we’ll add your name to the list for that certificate.
• Your advisor can help you plan and track your progress toward certificates
• Questions about certificates can be directed to your advisor or to the certificate contact(s) listed on the sheets attached.
The Graduate Program in Health Administration and Policy (GPHAP) trains students to guide health care organizations through various economic, ethical, and social issues, as well as the financial demands of this complex field. Students can earn either a Certificate in Health Administration and Policy or a Certificate in Health Administration and Policy with a Concentration in Global Health.
Applicants must be enrolled in or admitted to one of the participating professional schools. For more information, visit gphap.uchicago.edu, or contact Laura Botwinick, director, GHAP at LBotwinick@uchicago.edu.
Certificate in Health Administration and Policy
The Certificate in Health Administration and Policy will provide students with a strong background in process, politics, and economics of public revenue and expenditure decisions, practices, and techniques of modern financial administration, and the operation of the municipal securities market.
Global Health Certificate Program
Harris participates in an additional GPHAP certificate program for students interested in addressing issues that cross national borders, including global health. For more information on the Global Health Certificate Program, visit the Global Health Certificate site.