- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) at the Harris School
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid, degree relevant full-time (35+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 8 weeks between June 2016 and October 2016
- The internship must provide students the opportunity to conduct meaningful work in topics related to housing.
- The internship offer must be secured (and verified) at the time of application.
- Only summer internship positions are eligible.
- Positions must be a minimum of 8 weeks in duration.
The Kreisman Initiative on Housing Law and Policy Summer Fellowship Program is not open to:
- Students graduating before or in June 2016
- Students who have not yet matriculated into Harris
The application process consists of the following four parts to be submitted via HarrisLink (ID# 20659):
- Submission of a professional resume
- Submission of a statement of purpose that outlines your interest in the position and how you anticipate it furthering your career pursuits
- Copy of Internship Offer Letter
- Student Verification Form
A selection committee consisting of Harris and Law School faculty will review student applications.
Deadlines - Late materials will not be accepted
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2016 by 4:59 PM
- Kreisman Initiative on Housing Law and Policy Summer Fellowship Award Announcements: No later than the week of May 16th
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Kreisman Initiative on Housing Law and Policy Summer Fellowship Program is processed as a financial aid stipend and thus, can have an impact on recipients’ summer financial aid package. Students who intend to take summer classes and apply for summer financial aid (including loans) must note this in their application.
Internship Reflection Requirement
- All students who are awarded a stipend through the Kreisman Initiative on Housing Law and Policy Summer Fellowship Program are required to submit a brief reflection on their internship experience.
- Reflection should follow “Harris Summer Fund Report Guidelines” and is to be submitted via HarrisLink (#TBD) by October 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Your reflection may be shared, in part or in full, with alumni, fellow students, and the Harris community. It may also be used, in part or in full, in Harris and/or university publications or website.