The Amy Marie Bosman Memorial Fellowship provides financial support for students who have secured an unpaid summer internship in the public or non-profit sector. Harris students, including international students in lawful F-1 or J-1 status sponsored by the University of Chicago, must be all of the following to apply:
- Currently enrolled (and taking classes) in a Master's Degree program at Harris
- In good academic standing at Harris with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Confirmed to work in an unpaid, degree relevant full-time (35+ hrs/wk) summer internship for at least 8 weeks between June 2016 and October 2016
- Applicant MUST demonstrate their support for the auction. Applicants can express their support by donating their time, helping with donation calls, or offering service for auction. Applicants may also offer an item to be auctioned off.
- The internship must be relevant to ongoing coursework and provide professional work experience.
- The internship offer must be secured (and verified) at the time of application.
- Only summer internship positions are eligible.
- Positions must be a minimum of 8 weeks in duration.
The Amy Marie Bosman Memorial Fellowship is not open to:
- Students graduating before or in June 2016
- Students who have not yet matriculated into Harris
- Students receiving compensation for any Summer 2016 internship
The application process consists of the following four parts to be submitted via HarrisLink (ID# TBD):
- Submission of a professional resume
- Submission of a statement of purpose that outlines your interest in the position and how you anticipate it furthering your career pursuits
- Copy of Internship Offer Letter
- Student Verification Form
A selection committee consisting Bosman Fellowship Committee members and Academic and Student Affairs senior leadership will review student applications.
Deadlines - Late materials will not be accepted.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2016 by 4:59 PM
- Award Announcements: No later than the week of May 16th
- Internship stipends are processed on the university payroll schedule. Student checks may not be available prior to the end of the spring quarter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Amy Marie Bosman Memorial Fellowship is processed as a financial aid stipend and thus, can have an impact on recipients’ summer financial aid package. Students who intend to take summer classes and apply for summer financial aid (including loans) must note this in their application.
Internship Reflection Requirement
- All students who are awarded a stipend through the Amy Marie Bosman Memorial Fellowship are required to submit a brief reflection on their internship experience.
- Reflection should follow “Harris Summer Fund Report Guidelines" and is to be submitted via HarrisLink (#TBD) by October 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Your reflection may be shared, in part or in full, with alumni, fellow students, and the Harris community. It may also be used, in part or in full, in Harris and/or university publications or website.